- 1st place at the end of the competition will be awarded $100 USD.
- The speed run competition will run from 11:00 a.m. PST January 21, 2022 until 11 a.m. PST February 16, 2022.
- Participation is open to the public
- A top 10 table with links to YouTube videos of runs will be updated daily, during the length of the competition, at the game’s website.
- Follow @CinderEnterpri1 on Twitter for Speedrun tips throughout the competition.
- Participants must use a speed run version of the game. This version is currently available for Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android (via the Amazon App Store).
- Participants must activate the Speed Run option via the menu for recording their time.
- Participants must screen record their speed run from the beginning of the game until when the timer stops at the end of the credits.
- Cheating or attempted cheating, by trying to circumvent or misrepresent the in game timer, will disqualify a participant.
- Recordings of speed runs must be uploaded to YouTube and a link to the itch.io store and a link to these speed run rules must be included in the description.
- A submission to the game page on Speedrun.com must be made.
- A Twitter post must be made linking to the YouTube video and include the following hash tags: #ElementsOfDreamsGame #SpeedRun #HundredDollarPrize #IndieGame #RetroStyleGame #ActionRPG
- Participants cannot be someone listed in the credits of the game or a friend or family member of any employee of the development company (Cinder Enterprises LLC).
- Participants may make submissions multiple times during the length of the competition, with their best time submitted by the end date being the one used.
- Reach out via the contact form on this website if you have made a submission that is not viewable on Speedrun.com within 24 hours of submitting it (please provide links to the YouTube video and Twitter post in the details).